Intro to Studio Lighting Workshop
Time & Location
About The Event
• What we'll do
The Introduction to Studio Portrait Photography Workshop is designed to give novice studio photographers the necessary grounding in theory and technique to start shooting their own studio portraits.
Beginning with a presentation on basic studio lighting theory, we will then move on to a practical session involving demonstrations and the opportunity for participants to take a few images of their own.
The practical session will start with a simple one light setup, demonstrating how to control contrast, highlight and shadow, with and without a reflector, as well as controlling the light on the background. We will then move on to a two light setup, using a main light and a fill light to control shadow depth. Finishing with a three light setup which combines a main light, fill light and hair or background light.
Other Topics Covered:
• Subject Body Positioning and Basic Posing
• The Effects of Different Lighting Modifiers
• Low Key vs High Key Lighting
• Benefits of Studio Flash Heads over Speedlights
• Common Portrait Lighting Setups
• What to bring
DSLR or Mirrorless Camera with lenses suitable for portrait photography - e.g. 50mm - 105mm focal range.
• Charged batteries & formatted memory cards.
• Important to know
Places are limited to 15 due to the size of the studio.
- Intro to Studio Lighting $95$95$950$0